Social Icons

Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Faith's Proportion Post



Part 1:

Ratio- it is a comparison between numbers.

example: 3:5:7, apples: oranges: melons

Rate- compares two quantities measured in different units.

example: $2.00/100g

Proportion- a relationship that says that two rates or two ratios are equal.

Part 2:

1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.

2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns.  Emma earned $75 last week.  How much money did Emma save last week?


Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:


1. Does this seem fair?
Not really.
2.With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above.  Does it seem just and fair? 
I don't think its fair he has to stay there for 15 years.
3.Why have you made this choice?
I've made this choice because he did surrender the day after he stole it. He also claimed he was hungry and homeless so it kind of made sense. I also made this choice because the CEO stole more money (3 billion) than he did but they were only sentenced for 3 years. While he only stole $100 and was sentenced in jail for 15 years.
4. What would you have done if you were the judge?
I would've still put him in jail because it is still a crime, but I would only sentence him for 1 year or less because he did surrender voluntarily.

Bonus:

Kid In The Woods


The kid is about 5 feet high and so I measured him to the tree. I measured the kid to the tree and it was about 3 more kids.
5 x 3 = 15
So the tree is about 15 ft. high.

1 comment:

  1. My overall impression was, I think it looked nice because of the colorful labels. For the three stars, I think you did great explaining your work or how you got the answer. You also did good giving examples to make your work more understanding. Lastly, I like how you made your labels colorful and made it look really nice. For a wish, I think you need to add more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License