ratio: It compares different parts of a whole, it is similar to a fractions
rate: Compares two quantities measured in different units.
proportion: A proportion makes a equivalent fraction in the same units they where already in.
Ratio ex: 1:4 blue balls to red balls, this means for every blue ball there are 4 red balls.
Rate Ex:$/H this means if a how much a worker earns per hour.
Proportion Ex: Km/H this means how many km a car can travel in one hour.
- 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h.
- 5H/360km= ?/720 5x720= 3600 divided by 360= 10 10 hours to travel 720km. 10 divided by 10 =1 and 720 divided by 10 = 72km 72km/H
- Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
75 divided by 0.28x75= 21 dollars
3/4 = 12/16 is false because 3x4= 12 but 4x3=12 not 16 which proves its not equivalent.
- It doesn't look fair but I think the judge was just being nice to the homeless guy.
- it isn't fair because the other guy was going to steal much more than the homeless guy and the homeless guy gave it back.
- so the homeless guy gets food in jail and shelter
- I would do the same so the homeless guy can survive in jail.