Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Errah's Pay It Forward

Part One
What is "Pay It Forward?"
Pay it forward is when you do a random act of kindness. That random act of kindness is when you do something to help someone in need, or just help someone to make them happy. It's basically just doing something to help out. You also do not ask for anything in return. You just ask them to "Pay it Forward" meaning they help someone out too. So if they do that and tell the person to also "Pay it Forward" it ends up as a chain reaction.

Part Two
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My Pay it Forward act of kindness was donating things to the Salvation Army with Maddie.
Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I had many things at home that I did not need anymore and I thought I could donate it so people who needed it can have it.
Who did you help?
I guess I helped kids and teenagers of my age because I donated a few toys and clothes.
What did you do?
Maddie and I each filled up a bag with toys, clothes and books.
When did you do your random act of kindness?
On December 1st, 2012.

Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went well because the worker was easy to talk to and she understood why we were doing this.
What happened?
Maddie and I went to the Salvation Army near Wal-Mart and told a worker we were donating items for a project called "Pay it Forward". We also told her what "Pay it Forward" meant.
How did it you feel?
I felt good about what I did because I know that I did something to help someone else. I also felt that because I helped out by doing this, other people who know about what I did could see how easy it is to help others and they can do it too.
How did the people or person react?
The worker had a smile on her face after we told her why we were donating the items for. She also told us that students from last year also went there to donate things for the same reason.
Did you ask the person or people to Pay it Forward?
Yes we did ask the lady to Pay it Forward.
How did they react to your request?
She smiled and nodded.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of Pay it Forward is important because it's doing something to help someone else without asking for anything in return except for asking them to help someone out as well. Paying it Forward is also important because what you do can make someone really happen no matter how big or small the act of kindness you did was.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
My act of kindness may of made a difference because the worker seemed to know what we were doing and she might of done the same too. Also the items I donating gave others a chance to read good books, play with nice toys and have clothing to keep them warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License