Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Joel's Pay it Forward

Joel's pay it forward

Part 1
Pay it Forward is a chain of "act of kindness." People helping one another within the community. People you help, passing on the message to "pay it forward". 

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
My pay it forward act of kindness was shoveling people's walkways/stairs and volunteering at Winnipeg Harvest.  

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose these activities because I think It'll help a lot and give less of a hard time to the people I helped especially the elderly. I also volunteered at Winnipeg Harvest because It'll give a lot of food to the less fortunate quicker, the more help you get the quicker it can be.

Who did you help?
I helped two women named Helen and Amber to shovel they're walkway and stairs. At Winnipeg Harvest I helped the workers and the organizing team there.

 What did you do?
Gerard and I we're shoveling around our area, we both splitted the job equally. I volunteered at Winnipeg Harvest to help out and stack/store the foods.

When did you do you act of kindness?
I volunteered and shoveled a few weeks back before we edited and posted our "Pay it Forward"

You need to document your act of kindness.  Please make sure you have a photo or video of you "Paying It forward".

Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went great, it was very tiring but it was worth putting smiles on peoples faces. The Winnipeg Harvest people we're impressed with what i can do around there to help.

What Happened?
Nothing to exciting happened during my act of kindness, it just  went smooth sailing from the start to the finish.

How did you feel?
I felt proud of myself helping out one another in a great way to help the community. It was a great experience to to see people happy and enjoy what we've done or them. 

How did the person or people react?
Amber, one of the people's houses we shoveled we're shocked, she asked Gerard and I how much we charged and when we told her about the "Pay it Forward" she was basically blown away with what she was hearing. She was delighted for us to shovel her walkway. She was a very nice person to help out.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
Yes, we asked her to pay it forward and she was confused at why we we're telling her to do it. 

How did they react to your request?
We told her to pass on the act of kindness we gave to her. She understood, she told us she will try her best to participate  in our "Pay it forward" activity.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
It's very important because it's our chance to do something nice and helpful to the community, and help out others who are struggling in their own lives.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
My act of kindness made a difference by helping others and giving food to the poor. We put a smile on these people's faces to make them feel happy and important, one day maybe they'll do the same as we did for them. We influenced one of the people we helped to try to participate in this great activity we did!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License