Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jullenne's Pay It Forward


Part 1:

 What is Pay It Forward?

I think Pay It Forward is when someone is willing to give up their chair for someone who needs it or someone kindly asking another person for help. Pay It Forward is doing an act of kindness towards society or helping those in need and asking for nothing in return. In the movie, it was explained that, one person would help three people and those three people would also help three people, then it would just go on. 

Part 2:

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?

For my Pay It Forward act of kindness, I donated various clothing to the organization; Canadian Diabetes.

Why did you choose this activity?

I chose this activity because I had old clothing sitting in my closet and instead of throwing away perfectly good clothing, I decided to donate it. Also, I wanted to benefit people with something that they could use and/or wear.

Who did you help?

Hopefully, I helped children or adults, who need or don’t have enough clothing for themselves.

What did you do?

I gathered up clothes, that I didn't use any more yet still in good condition to wear, and decided to donate them.

When did you do your act of kindness?

I did my act of kindness during the week on November 29, 2012.






 Part 3:

How did your act of kindness go?

My act of kindness went well as planned. I was very pleased with how it was executed, there were no complications.

What happened?

I phoned the Canadian Diabetes and they gave us a scheduled date. I was told they would come in the morning around 8-10. I was instructed to leave the donations in a bag in front of our house with a label saying the “Canadian Diabetes”.

How did you feel?

I felt very satisfied knowing that I helped even just a few people. I felt satisfied because I helped with just a little part of someone’s life.

How did the person/people react?

I'm not sure how the people/person reacted because I haven’t met them, but I hope they were satisfied with my donations.

If you did not ask the person to Pay It Forward, How come?

I didn't get a chance to ask because the people who come to pick up donations come around 8 to 10 in the morning and we’re instructed to just leave the donations outside of our house. Also, that morning I was not at home.

Part 4:

Why is the idea of Pay It Forward important?

The idea of Pay It Forward is important because so society/people would know that others can do acts of 
kindness out of nowhere and not ask for anything in return.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?

I hope so. I hope that the person or people would appreciate and be happy with the clothing I donated.



This was my "Pay It Forward".

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License