Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kyle's Pay It Forward

Part 1
What is "Pay it forward"? 
Pay it forward" is the concept of asking the beneficiary of a good deed to repay it to others instead of to the original benefactor. It is helping others and not expecting anything that is given back to them but they expect it to pass it on to 3 other people that will also pay it forward and costing a whole chain reaction of good kindness to other people.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
For my Pay It Forward, I shoveled snow on 4 houses that the owners cant do themselves and told them to Pay it Forward

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because i think that it is one of the helpful things that a young person like us can do for the older people who are in pain and need help with a couple of things.

Who did you help? 
I helped my neighbour's that are old and cannot shovel their house by themselves.  I only got one name out of all the people that I got and her name was Maria
What did you do?
Me and my dad shoveled 4 of the houses that the owner cant do themselves because of age
When did you do you act of kindness?
I did this act of kindness on December 15th

Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went well, some elders were scared but felt a little comfortable with us after doing the favor of paying it forward.
What Happened?
Some of the elders watched us and laughed at us as i sometimes would slip.  Some people tried to pay us but we just gave the money back and say to pay it forward to someone else.
How did you feel?
I felt like good because it was my first time doing good deeds to other people that need help.  It felt like i kind of had a relief of me thinking i was always a bad kid but after this. I felt that I wasn't just that.
How did the person or people react?
Some of the people ask if i was doing this for school or am i doing this because i want to.  They were surprised that they saw me shovel and not get payed.
Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
I told 2 out of the 4 houses i have been on to pay it forward because they were asking what it was for and the other 2 closed the door on us and never opened again.
How did they react to your request?
Some of them felt scared but also some of them was really happy to see us shovel it

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
The idea of pay it forward is really important because it can cost a whole chain reaction of people doing it and it may change some of the peoples life and show them to pay it forward.
Has your act of kindness made a difference?
My act made a difference to some of the houses i have visited to because they put more trust to their neighbours and also one of them came to my house and thanked me and said they payed it forward










No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License