Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Marco's Pay it Forward

Part 1: 
What is "Pay it Forward"?  
Pay it Forward is an act of kindness for people who don't expect it and expect nothing in return. Pay it Forward starts with you and the person you ask passes the kindness that you did on to somebody else, and that process goes on, and on, and on. It shows how little things can be something big for other people in ways you can't imagine. It can spread from a small area to a larger area and make change in people's lives.



Part 2
: 
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?  

My pay it forward act of kindness was shoveling people's walkways, especially the older people's walkways, ones that cannot do it themselves.


Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I knew it will help the people who cant shovel their own walkways or sidewalks because I see old men/women having difficulty everyday in my street. It's really heartbreaking.
 
Who did you help?
I helped the people who let me shovel their walkways. I asked the older people first because they were for me more important..


What did you do?
What I did was shovel my whole street. The next thing I did was ask my neighbors if can shovel their walkways and if they said yes, I quickly shoveled their stairs and walkway. Some of them tried paying me, but I said no because I wanted to look like a really nice boy to my neighbors.


When did you do you act of kindness?
I did this on November 27, 2012 when it there was a lot of snow in my street. So I thought of my neighbors and Payed it Forward.

Part 3:

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went great! It was very tiring and exhausting, but it made me happy, thinking of how great full my neighbors were. Them telling me that I'm the nicest boy they've seen made my whole year.


What Happened?
Not much happened during my act of kindness. Everything went well until my back started hurting. It was a minor pain so I kept going.

How did you feel?
I felt proud of myself being known as a nice boy in my street. I have made a lot of people happy that day.

How did the person or people react?
They were really surprised! They never expected someone offering them to shovel their walkways. Seeing the smile on people's faces made my year! Hurting my back and almost freezing to death was worth it!


Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
Yes I did. I that I did something to make a little change in your life. And for me, a little change is enough. So I told them to do the same for other people. It's amazing how doing something little can make people really happy.


How did they react to your request?
I told them to do the same for other people. Change their lives, make them happy, and feel good about yourself. There are people out there that are struggling and in need of help. They were really pleased with my request. They said that they'll try to do their best to make change in people's lives.



Part 4:  
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?  
It's very important because it can change people's lives. Ones that can actually change, ones that are willing to change. If everybody does this, I bet there will be less crime in this world, less people being killed/murdered, and less people doing bad things.


Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I'm pretty sure it did because I have put a smile on people's faces. People who maybe only smiled once in a while probably became happier than they are now. It's amazing how little things can be big for some people. I would like to do this again if I had another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License