Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Melvin's Pay It Forward



My Pay It Forward
By Melvin Daligdig 8-16


What is Pay It Forward?
Pay It Forward is when you do a random act of kindness for no apparent reason. You do not ask for a reward, but simply ask for the person that you have helped to help another person with a random act of kindness. After a while you will notice that a difference has been made in the world, simply by one small act.

What is your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
For my Pay It Forward act of kindness, I used my dad’s snow blower and shovel to clear the back lane of snow for our neighbors to get by easily without much hassle. I also chipped away the ice so that drivers wouldn’t slip around in the small compacted areas.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I noticed that some of the neighbors in my area had a hard time backing up out of their garages, because of the snow making the the back lane tighter than it already was. So I decided to clear the snow and ice so they wouldn’t have a hard time getting out of their garages and won’t have any accidental slips.

Who did you help?
I helped mostly our neighbors across from our house. They always had snow around their garage area. It also benifits other people who drive in the back lane by making it less crowded.

What did you do?
I shoveled snow and chipped ice in the back lane for drivers to pass by easily.

When did you do your act of kindness?
Sunday, December 2, 2012

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went pretty well. The neighbors were happy that some young teenager like me would just do it for them without asking for anything in return.

What happened?
I went outside to the back lane of my street at 1 pm with my dad. We took out the snow blower and I began moving snow out of the way while my dad supervised me. Afterwards, I shovelled small parts of the snow that were soft enough to move without the snow blower. The neighbors came out and asked me what I was doing. I told them that I was moving the snow away from the street so that it would be easy for them and everyone else to get by. The man looked impressed and told my dad that I was being very thoughtful of those around me. Although he had to leave quickly because of an appointment, he still managed to thank me before he left.

How did you feel?
I felt great that I was doing something nice for someone and even had some fun while doing it.

How did the person react?
He was impressed of how I was doing this for him and people in the neighborhood. I believe he liked the outcome of the final product of the cleared back lane.

How did the person react to your request?
He gladly agreed to let me remove snow from his property and he also asked me what Pay It Forward was. After I explained to him the whole concept of what I was doing, he kindly agreed to Pay It Forward himself.

Why is the idea of Pay It Forward important?
Pay It Forward is important because most people would never think that a single individual can make a difference on their own. Pay it forward proves that a big difference can be made starting with a single action to make the world a better place.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I believe that I have made a difference by impacting some people by doing a random act to kindness and that they will Pay It Forward to the next person, and the chain will go on. Eventually a big difference has been made with a single action of one person. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License