Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oliver Maula's Pay it Forward

Part1: What is "pay it forward"

Pay it forward is when you perform an act of random kindness,for strangers and expect nothing in return. Pay it forward is chain reaction, its starts with you and when you ask for someone to pay it forward hopefully you have inspired them to pay it forward to someone else. Pay it forward shows what little things can do, it can affect people in ways you can't imagine, your act of kindness can spread through out a whole city and beyond. Like in the movie the movement started in L.A. and spread all the way to New York. I believe  pay it forward , this movement, was created to inspire.  

What was your pay it forward act of kindness?
My pay it forward act of kindness was donating clothing, food and a couch to the salvation army.
I donated clothes because the clothes I donated have no use for anyone in our family. Instead of throwing them away I decided to donate them. the couch went to the salvation army thrift store. We donated  the couch because not all people are fortunate enough to spend hundred of dollars on a new couch.


Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because by donating things, less fortunate people are able to go to salvation army and get clothing they could wear during the cold winter. I donated food because I have driven pass by the salvation army downtown and I always see a long line of people lining up to get inside for either breakfast, lunch, or dinner.That is why I chose this activity.

Who did you help?
I feel like the food and clothing I donated will help those people that wait in line. I think that the food I donated will be served at the salvation army and the clothing will be used by the less fortunate. To me I have helped the less fortunate in the downtown community.






What did you do?

What I did was look through my closet and my parents closet for clothing that we did not use anymore. Then the next thing I did was look through our pantry to look for some canned food I could donate.  I then went to salvation army to donate what I have found in my house.


When did do your act of kindness?
I did my act of kindness on December 2, 2012.

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness pretty well, I had no problems when it came to the donating part. One problem I did have was that the car wouldn't start because my parents left the battery going. The battery just died, it took a pretty long time for the car to get going.

What happened?
What happened was that today I got up and told myself that today you will do your act of kindness, so I did. I looked throughout my house looking for things to donate. After that I got a ride from my dad to salvation army to donate the things but the car wouldn't start. I had to wait a while till the car started moving. When I got to salvation army I saw that it was closed so we left the stuff just outside.

How did I feel?
What I felt after completing my act of kindness was that my mood got better by just donating, then I imagined how happy the person getting those things would feel. I feel that with one act of kindness comes another.

How did the person or people react?
unfortunately, when I got to salvation army it was closed so I didn't get to donate the things in person.
I did get to see a reaction, but I imagined how they would have reacted. I imagined that they would be surprised if I walked in by myself going to donate things.

Did you ask the person or people to pay it forward?
I did not get to ask anyone to pay it forward because salvation army was closed. I would have asked them though, If I got the chance I would ask them to pay it forward.


How did they react to your request?
 I did not get to ask anyone to pay it forward so I got no reaction.

If you did not ask them to pay it forward, How come?
I did not ask them to pay it forward because there was no them, I did not get to ask anyone to pay it forward.

Why is the idea of "Pay it forward" important?
The idea of pay it forward is important because it teaches young people  to be helpful without always expecting in return. It also shows how little things can go a long way and sometimes the littlest things has the most impact. Pay it forward is important because with  one act of kindness, it is possible to get a crowd of people to do the same thing.

How has your act of kindness made a difference?
My act of kindness made a difference on those needing a little bit more food, or those people needing clothes to keep them warm during winter. Also my act of kindness has helped those who are providing the food and clothing. My donation added to what they already have, now they have more to give away to the less fortunate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License