Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Patricia B's Integer Scribepost

 Equivalent Statement: The 1st integer's 
sign doesn't change. The 2nd integer's sign becomes opposite and so does the addition/multiplication/subtraction/division sign which in this case is subtraction, so now it's an addition statement.  
       3 + 10 = 13.
 Standard form: +3 - -10
                        + 3 - (-10)= +13

 One negative integer plus one positive integer = Zero. For this question, I took 5 away from 8 and I got 3. I knew I owed more and so, I put a negative sign before 3.
 Standard form: -8 + +5
                          -8+5= -3







The equivalent statement for this question is (-3) + (-3). The 1st integer didn't change but the subtraction sign and 2nd integer did.
 Standard form: -3 - +3
                            -3 - 3= -6






The equivalent statement is (+10) + (+5) = (+15)
Only the subtraction sign and the 2nd integer changed.
 Standard form: +10 - -5
                        +10 - (-5) = +15







For this one, I just subtracted 6 from 9 and got 3. I knew I had more and so, I added a positive sign before 3.


1 comment:

  1. Great Work Patricia! Your pictures were very clear to understand. I like how you put an explanation beside each one of your pictures. Overall, good job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License