Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Patricia Rodriguez and Bianca Lingal's Pay it Forward

Patricia Rodriguez’s Pay it Forward


Part 1

What is Pay it Forward?

Pay it Forward is when you do an act of kindness to someone, and you do it without asking anything in return. It all starts with one person helping three other people, and each of those three people help three more other people. The chain goes on and on, then we all realize that we can make a big difference in the world.

Part 2

What is your Pay it Forward act of kindness?

My Pay it forward act of kindness was to donate more than twenty books to the Children’s Library located at Health Science Center. And, my partner Bianca Lingal also donated about thirty books too!

Why did you choose this activity?

I chose this activity because..... I had some books that I have already read that were just lying on the shelves, and so Bianca and I came up with this great idea of donating it to a library, which in that case the Children’s Library.

Who did you help?

I helped the library in the hospital and also helped the kids read new exciting books that I have brought for them. These books that I have donated are in good condition and they are enjoyable to read. These books will go to the LIbrary and the waiting rooms in the hospital.
What did you do?


We donated books to the Children's Library.

When did you do your act of kindess?

We did our act of kindness on Wednesday November 28, 2012

 
 
Part 3
 
How did your act of kindness go?
 
My act of kindness went very well because it was easy, and there was no misunderstandings. They enjoyed the books and they told us how thankful they are to recieved new books coming from just regular kids, like us.
 
What happened?

What happened was it that we went to Children's Hospital, and then we met with Emma the director of the library. We thought that we would be there longer but it only took at least three minutes to make a differrence. She was very thankful that we donated a pretty good amount of books and then we told her next time we might do this again and add in toys.

How did you feel?

I felt excited that were doing this act of kindness because when I saw all the books we donated, I felt like I wanted to donate more. After we donated, there was this happy place in my heart that makes me want to do another good thing everyday for the rest of my life!


How did the person react?

The lady was so happy when we donated books, she had this big smile on her face and she was so thankful that we donated books, and made it to the hospital in this bad weather.

Did you ask the person to "Pay it Forward"?

Yes, we did ask the person to Pay it Forward.


How did the person reacted to your request?

She reacted with a smile, and I think she knew what "Pay it Forward" was. We explained it to her, and she wants to be a part of it.


Part 4


 Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
It is important because just one person can make a big difference is someones life. It also changes people into doing good things and making the world a better place.

 
Has your act of kindness made a difference?

My act of kindness made a difference at some point. I made a difference by donating all of my books to the Children's Hospital (library).These books will also help kids expand their creativity and learn something from it too!







 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License