Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Reymel's Pay It Forward

Part 1 - What is "Pay it Forward"?
Pay it forward is when you do something nice to people you know or may not know, and then you don't get anything back. No rewards or special treatment. All you can hope for, is that the person you helped does the same thing to others. After you help that person, you can just walk away and tell them "You don't need to repay me back, just pay it forward." Well, something like that.

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?  
My Pay It Forward act of kindness was donating clothes to the Salvation Army with Mark Asino.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose this activity because I know that not too many people have warm clothes, then there's winter to make it worse. I wanted to do my best to help them as much as possible by donating warm clothing to help them survive winter.

Who did you help?
I helped the people who needed warm clothes, I can't be specific since I don't know the person.

What did you do?
I collected all my clothes that I don't use anymore that were still useable, and put it in a plastic bag to give to the Salvation Army.

When did you do your act of kindness?  
I did it only today, December 3rd, because the store was closed. Also, it was dark out so people were already picking out clothes even though they weren't supposed to, I think. 
Part 3 
How did your act of kindness go?
Everything went well today. We gave them the bag full of clothes then we left while saying "thanks" and "goodbye".

What happened?
Nothing much happened, well, nothing exciting happened. We just asked if we can get a picture with the worker and that's it pretty much.

How did you feel?        
It felt really nice. I felt like I had a bigger heart, it was warmer than when we got there. I felt proud of myself and Mark Asino.

How did the person or people react?
Well, we wouldn't be there by the time the people have received the clothes. I guess the workers looked thankful because we donated.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
I did not ask them to "Pay It Forward " for two reasons. My first reason was that I think they got the message from previous classmates, and my second reason was that I forgot to ask them to.

How did they react to your request?
They didn't have a reaction because I forgot to ask them, the only reaction I got from them was when one of the workers looked surprised when we asked him for a photo.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how com?
As I have explained before, I forgot to ask them and I think they got the message already from previous classmates.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay It Forward" important?
It is important because "Pay It Forward" can change the ways of how we live. It can change the lives of others such as their personalities. It could make the world an easier place to live in, the closest for us to getting into "World Peace".

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I do not know if my act of kindness has made a difference yet. Or if it ever will, I only wait to see if the goodness in people have changed into something better.


    

         
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License