Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Riah's Pay It Forward


Part 1

"Pay it forward" is all about helping others and telling them to "Pay it Forward" even if they ask or not "what may I give to you in return?" and so you then reply  "Pay it Forward". So if you help three people you tell each of them to "Pay it Forward" each of those 3 people help another three so 3x3=9 if this pattern continues it becomes 9x3=18, 18x3=54, 24x3=72, 72x3=216, and so many people have helped others and it all started with you telling them to "Pay it Forward".

Part 2

What was your Pay it Forward act of kindness?
What I chose to do for my Pay it Forward act of kindness was to donate all the clothing that my family and I no longer use to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Why did you chose this activity?
The reason why I chose to do this activity is because first I was thinking of what to do for  my Pay it Forward over the weekend and my mom was cleaning out all our closets and so we had a lot of clothing we don't use anymore and they were still in good condition, so I asked my mom if we could just donate them to charity.

Who did you help?
I helped the people who are in need of clothing.

What did you do?
For my Pay it Forward I chose to donate the clothing to the Canadian Diabetes Association.

When did you do your act of kindness? 
I had organized my donations for Pay it Forward act of kindness on Friday, November 30,2012.



Part 3

How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went well because I have helped others in need and now my closets have more space since I have decide to donate what I didn't need and use anymore.

What happened?
I gathered all the clothing my family and I no longer use. When I had finished putting all the items I were going to donate in the bag I left a little message and had wrote a bit of what "Pay it Forward" means and so I said "I chose to help those in need of clothing for my act of kindness please "Pay it Forward" and tell those who will receive the donations to please "Pay it Forward ".

How did the person or people react?
I was not able to see the people who picked up the donations because they picked it up outside of our front door while I was at school so I left a message instead.

Did you ask the person or people to"Pay It Forward"?
I wrote a little message on top of the box telling the people who see it to please "Pay it Forward" since I wasn't able to see them and tell them in person.

Part 4 
To me the idea of "Pay it Forward" is important because together we can change the world. There are people on the street starving and homeless if we don't help them out by walking up to them and giving them food or clothing, we should donate more perishable food items to Winnipeg Harvest and donate clothes to the Salvation Army,Value Village, or a charity like Canadian Diabetes so at least they wont starve and they have some what of clothing to keep themselves warm. Even though not everyone will receive what I have donated I think that my act of kindness did make a difference because I helped out others by donating clothing and I know those people who had received the clothes are happy because they wish and dream to have a home,food,clothing,and so on but even if they keep dreaming or wishing it may not come true. If everyone helps one another together we can accomplish something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License