Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Shaira's Pay it Forward

Part 1:
 What is "Pay It Forward"?
Pay it Forward means when one person helps someone without anything in return. it all starts with one person helping three other people, then those three people do the same thing and it goes on to three other people and it continues.

Part 2:
What was your Pay it Forward act of kindness?
I did two things for my Pay it Forward act of kindness. First thing i did was donate; the second thing I did was babysit.

Why did you choose this activity?
I chose donating for one of my activities because my family and I had a lot of clothes that we don't wear anymore.
I chose babysitting because I've been doing it starting of grade 7.

Who did you help?
When I donated I helped the people that don't really have that much money because, in the thrift store they had low prices for the clothes.
When I babysit i helped the kids parents because their parents was busy with work so they don't have time.

What did you do?
I gathered all the clothes my family and I don't use. Then my dad drove me to the thrift store.
I went to my moms friends house to babysit her baby until she gets back.

When did you do your act of kindness?
I donated on Saturday November 24, 2012 (when photo was taken)
I donated:
-shirts      -winter clothing (gloves/mittens; scarfs; hats).
-skirts      -sweaters
-pants      -PJ's


























I babysat on Saturday November 30, 2012 (when photo was taken)
This is my moms friend's baby.













Part 3:
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went good as I planned it.

What happened?
I first gathered all the clothes that my family and I don't wear or use anymore. Then my dad drove us to a thrift store. When we got there, there was this huge box in the thrift store for people to put their donations. I then put the clothes in the box.
My dad drove me to my moms friends house to babysit her baby. Then I would take care of her baby. She actually have another kid that's 8 years old. So I would help her with her homework and stuff. When ever the baby cries i would do what the mother said to me. I took care of them until their parents get home.

How did you feel?
I felt really happy because I never have done something like this. Well i have, but when I did I would get something in return.

How did the people or person react?

When I donated, I told the person that helped me about Pay it Forward. He never heard about it so I explained it. So he was happy that someone in my age would donate to a thrift store.
When I babysat, I told them about Pay it Forward too. And they were happy also because they needed my help and they never asked for my help and that i just asked them.

Did you ask the people or person to "Pay it Forward"?
I didn't got the chance.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
I didn't had the chance to ask the person to Pay It forward because when i went to the thrift store the person that helped me was busy with putting the other donations in the box. 
I also didn't get the chance to ask to "Pay It Forward" because my dad picked me up and he had work so i had to get home quick.

Part 4:
Why is the idea of "Pay It Forward" important?

The idea of "Pay It Forward" is important because it's a nice thing to do. And it's easy to do you just needed to help people.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
I'm not really sure. But I really want it to. And i want the people to enjoy the clothes i donated.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Creative Commons License